A week of mundane things and FRIENDS!

We've been busy with everyday things...running errands, shopping, prepping for Stu's impending US visit the end of the month and, of course, meeting up with friends (old and new).

We had two gorgeous sunny days, back to back, my camera was charged and ready to go - I snapped a lot of shots. Most of them are in our SmugMug album for May but here are a few to whet your appetite (as always, click for a larger view).

Walking to lunch at the Loft, we saw this adorable little Schnauzer puppy in the window, quietly watching the world go by. Lunch was good and we soon headed to get our bus. We ran into this little old man on the street, walking carefully with his cane and when I greeted him, he proceeded to tell us about his four weeks in the hospital for his bad knees. (This was as much as I could decipher from his Spanish.) He then went on to ask for money to get to Paute...Stu gave him a dollar and I asked if I could take his photo. He agreed and squared himself and put on his serious face...when I really wanted his smiling face, full of character. Oh well...


We also made another trip to Casa de la Mujer and the Santa Ana Market (Hippie Market) where we bought some gifts. Of course I didn't come away empty handed. [grin] The necklace is two sided and the bracelet is adjustable. These are the first earrings I have bought here...a little dangle plus some color. $12 for the necklace, $6 for the bracelet and $6 for the two earrings!


More about this week in the next blog....

Popular posts from this blog

Indurama Appliances - made in Cuenca

It's done, We're done!

Cinco de Mayo - a Mexican holiday in Ecuador