Mashca Galeria & Enlatados Design

I've posted before about our good friends Tiago and Meg and their entrepreneurship. Well, they've done it again! They have opened a new artisan shop, Mashca Galeria, located at Cornelio Merchan 4-10 y Miguel Cordéro Davila here in Cuenca, Ecuador.

I first met Tiago when he was selling pillows and puzzles at an artisan show. I bought a small pillow featuring one of his designs. Once home, I regretted not getting a second design and emailed him. He came to our home and I ended up buying two more pillows after a nice chat about him and his aspirations.


Our next meeting was at Domesan restaurant where I got to meet his girlfriend, Meg, and see their line of new hidden zipper pocket scarves. I bought two scarves, having fallen in love with the design, practicality and looks of them.

Next we attended a nice outdoor artisan show and got to visit with our friends again. They were almost sold out of their scarves and other items.

Now they have gone one step further and opened their own little shop in a convenient part of town (close to Millenium Mall). The shop features not only their own products but other wonderful items on consignment from local artisans. Wonderful selection of products at reasonable prices!

[click to enlarge]

I visited their shop last Thursday, needing to get a few things for gifts. Needless to say, I walked out with more than what I went in for. Tiago and Meg have done all the work themselves, setting up the displays inside as well as adding a great outside deck for future events.

Here are some photos I snapped during my visit (click for larger images):








I hope you will stop by and say hi to Meg and Tiago. Their hours are Tue-Sat:
10:00 am - 7:30 pm. Tell them Donna and Stu sent you!

Ciao for now!

Popular posts from this blog

Indurama Appliances - made in Cuenca

It's done, We're done!

Cinco de Mayo - a Mexican holiday in Ecuador