USA - Culture Shock?

Everyone has been warning us about reverse culture shock but I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The worst shock has been seeing the food price increases in the last nine months, that and costs to eat out. A package of the hot dogs we like, almost $5. A pound of 7% hamburg, almost $5. Pineapple, almost $3. I could go on and on....

Truthfully, the toughest thing we have faced so far is NOT KNOWING WHERE TO FIND ANYTHING! I started cooking and had to ask Stu where the pans were. He had to ask me where something else was. We laughed about it but it was a little disconcerting at first. We've settled back in now but we find that we have too much STUFF. So we're downsizing again...things are going into the shed for storage, into the trash, or will get put on eBay.

This is especially true for all our motorcycle gear. Now that I'm not riding my own, I need less gear. I don't need a pair of gloves for every ten degrees of temperature change. I don't need three jackets or two pairs of overpants. Stu has to make similar decisions.

I'll be posting more in our US blog, Back End of Nowhere (Our Prime Years). I also wrote up my Writers' Police Academy conference over at My Write Spot.

Popular posts from this blog

Indurama Appliances - made in Cuenca

It's done, We're done!

Cinco de Mayo - a Mexican holiday in Ecuador